Excited, Scared, And Worried

Our vacation is only days away! I’m super excited. I finally got the fast passes done (I should have done them sooner, but more on that later). I think my foot is better, I’ve printed permission forms, we got our magic bands, and I’ve got some of our clothes together to pack. Oh and I’m only five pounds away from my goal weight!

We did our dining plans months ago along with our room. We knew we needed to do that as early as we could. The thing that really freaked me out was the “new” fast passes. I almost hired an agent just so she would do our schedule and fast passes. I say new because the last time I went to Disney the fast passes were only at the kiosk near the ride itself. I didn’t really like the idea of having every little tiny detail of our trip so planned. I mean I don’t really like weekly meal plans because my husband and I sometimes will do something on the fly like surprise the family with take out or maybe something just doesn’t fit the mood we are in right at that moment. I was very worried about the whole process. I had hoped that my mother-in-law or husband would sit down and help me with it. I kept waiting but every time we planned on getting together something came up and we didn’t do it. So this week I sat down and finally did it. Then I realized you only get three fast passes on your account and any others are from the old kiosks at the park. Then I also realized it was something else I should have done as soon as I could because some of the rides like Toy Story Mania are no longer available. My mother-in-law at least printed off a recommended schedule of things to do and see. I tried to get the passes as close to that as possible. So we will see how it goes when we get there. Our trip still has plenty of room for spontaneity and screw ups (like mine)!

Now for my foot issue. The last weekend we had to do two super big runs back to back, I hurt my foot somehow. I ran the shorter of the two runs with my husband outside while my in-laws watched the kids. We both have a little bit of a cold but not enough to stop us. I listened to music. I actually thought it was a decent run considering everything. Then later that day after I had been sitting down for a little while, I noticed a dull pain in the arch of my left foot when I walked around the house. It would go away after walking for a bit, but it would show up again when I got up from the sitting position again. I ran in my older shoes and then I was going to do the big run the next day in my newer shoes. My foot was hurting bad enough and we were all feeling a bit run down that we decided to not do the other long run the next day. I really struggled with that. I hope we can still make it on the big race day. I’ve been doing all the other training runs no matter what. I hope missing this one isn’t going to break me. However I’m really worried about my husband now. He didn’t do it either. I bought new shoes and a special sock for my arch. My foot feels much better now. I hope my decision to skip that one run was a good one. I just kept thinking that if I push it and injury myself even more, then I might not be able to run the race at all. Right now I still have hope that both of us can finish.

I have had nightmares about oversleeping the day of the race. The race starts at 5:30 AM. They want you on your transport on the way to the race by 4:00 AM. They want everyone funneled in by one parking lot. I mean you can be disqualified if you try to enter your corral through some other parking lot. I keep having this nightmare that we are in our room and I open my eyes and the alarm clock reads 5:30 AM. That would mean we totally missed the race. I would hate for that to happen. My husband thinks I overreact a lot, but I hope he doesn’t mind if I set up more than one alarm clock for our race. I mean most races start at 6:30 AM or 8:00 AM, but 5:30 AM is waaaaay early. It is going to be so hard to get up and get there in time. A lot of people wonder why I didn’t just go ahead and do the Dopey Challenge instead of the Goofy and get it all out of the way. Well there is an incentive NOT to do the Dopey right there. The 5K is the only one that starts at 6:00 AM. It is going to be hard enough to wake up two mornings in a row like that, but to do it four mornings in a row; CRAZY! Again some of you that don’t run might not understand me calling get up early crazy as opposed to running all that mileage as crazy.

I’ve been watching my calories along with the training this time. I still kind of sorta eat what I want, but I do a lot more portion control. When I reach my calories on my phone app, I stop (or at least I try to). Eating out really destroys my calorie counting. For one thing not all menus or websites have the calories. So I have to just guess. The only time I can really enjoy going out to eat is when I’ve done a long run that day and burned some major calories. My excitement for my weight isn’t just weight loss from having the twins. I actually lost all that weight breastfeeding them. They are not kidding about breastfeeding burning calories! I’ve never been so hungry in my life! I probably would have lost a lot more weight if I had eaten better than I did during that time. No, this weight goal is the same weight I was before I moved in with my husband and moved to Oklahoma. Funny thing is that I was still trying to lose weight even back then. It reminds me of a meme I saw that said something like, “I wish I was the weight back when I thought I was fat.” Anyway I gained twenty pounds after moving in with my husband. Then I lost ten of it before our wedding. Then I gained ten of it back after the wedding. I kind of held that weight for years. I might have gained another ten going on a long weekend trip to New Orleans to see the Razorbacks play in the Sugar Bowl. I ate a lot of good food down there! I lost the ten pounds when we got back home. Then there was the twins. I gained fifty pounds and lost it surprisingly quick breastfeeding. My first marathon I didn’t really lose any weight. So this phone app has really helped along with doing more speed training. I have lost fifteen pounds so far. I hope I get the other five off before the marathon, but then again there is some good food in Florida too.

I’m going to have my phone and tablet. I’m not sure if I’ll want to try to write a blog post on either of those while I’m gone. So you might have to wait until I get back to see how we did in the race. I might actually post some pictures with our faces in it. I haven’t decided yet. We will see how long the adrenaline lasts. It would be awesome if anybody reading this could wish us good luck and not just on the race. I’ve also had nightmares that my husband and in-laws start fighting before it is all said and done. I mean this is a long trip to a bunch of theme parks with two three-year-olds. The three-year-olds might not be the only tired and cranky ones there. We will have to be careful to not only watch the kids but to watch ourselves as well. We just need to be sure to play it smart.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s